Baby #2 39 Weeks

Dear little baby,

I’m not sure if it is you or my body, but this past week, has been such a tease. I’ve been having contractions on a regular basis, but nothing consistent. They’ll appear for 30-60 minutes and then disappear for a couple of hours and then decide to show up again and then go away. Mentally it is draining as I think–oh maybe this is it–and then am deflated. I’m trying not to analyze every potential sign, but man it is hard not to.

I’ve also been praying to help relinquish control and just let you do your thing and arrive when you are supposed to–it is easier said than done. Overall, the pelvic pressure has dissipated a bit–which kind of makes me feel like I’m moving in the opposite direction.

Otherwise the week was pretty low key. There were a few flair ups at work but for the most part it was fairly calm. On Friday, my boss officially took me off of all projects and is just having me work on some things for when I return from maternity. Sunday, we made a turkey and Grandma and Grandpa came over but I think that was about it.

I also had my weekly Dr. appointment. I have gained 21 lbs so far–not to bad, and very surprising considering 10 of those lbs were put on in the first trimester. Everything else looks good. Your heart rate was around 155–so a little on the higher side again. I was dilated to a 3+ and the cervix has continued to soften–all good signs. I had my membranes stripped and was given direction to walk, walk and walk so more. So we’ll see what I’m able to do being trapped inside with the cold weather and what I can do at work. We also talked a lot about induction and if we should do it this Friday or wait until my due date next Tuesday. I’m a little torn. I really want to go naturally and have that experience of not being induced, but I’m also anxious to meet you and am fearful of you being a really big baby and needing a C-section to deliver, just because I wanted to experience going into labor naturally. If we schedule Friday and get bumped we’ll have a really good chance of getting in on Tuesday. If we wait until Tuesday and get bumped, we’ll have to wait until Friday, 11 days from now. 11 Days seems unfathomable. I’m sure I would go before then but the idea of waiting another 11 days seems like torture. After talking to Daddy, the plan is to put our name down on the list for Tuesday and then check in on Thursday afternoon to see what the wait list is like for Friday and if the list is really long, I’ll put my name down knowing I won’t get in and should for sure be set for Tuesday. I feel good about this plan and feel more confident that I’ll go into labor on my own before next Tuesday.

Thats all for now–lets meet soon little one.

Love,

Mama

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s